Friday, February 27, 2009

Samurai Gattai DX Shinken-Oh



Again, a fellow rangerboard member posted the news on the arrival of DX Shinken-Oh at Ng's Collection yesterday. Haha, there's lesser competition this time round. Well, the price isn't really consumer-friendly... Anyway, in order not to lose the chance to get it, I called the Uncle first thing around noon to reserve one.

Too close, there's only one box left after I bought mine. Yeah, the price tag is quite hefty at S$115.00 for a primary mecha (7500 Yen). Blame the Yen Inflation! Normally, one can look to pay around S$75-S$95 depending on the series.

Still, I guess it's worth it because it is probably the only Bandai Japan Batch that the Uncle is going to import (collector's ego) plus I think Shinken-Oh is well-deserved. After watching 2 episodes for Shinkenger, I find the Origami(s) quite fun and nice; Shinken-Oh is also quite cool-looking. However, I wouldn't say the same for the Auxiliary Origami(s), so I will probably go for the Bandai Asia Licensed ones as the cheaper alternative...

Speaking of Bandai Asia, the Uncle will be getting DX Shinken-Oh from Hong Kong 2 weeks from now. Price-wise, I predict that Uncle Ng will be selling at around $95 considering that the DX Decade Driver (Belt) for Kamen Rider is S$110 for the Bandai Japan Version and S$85 for the Bandai Asia Licensed.



At the same time, I have also gotten the reserved ShodoPhone Holder at S$23.00 so I won't be going down to CSC this Sunday anymore. *Evil marketing gimmick for a phone-type changer and a respective holder.*

Useful Note: Uncle Ng uses a conversion rate to Japanese Yen of 0.016.

Bits of Economics: My demand for Super Sentai Mecha is inelastic! LoL~

No comments: