Saturday, July 16, 2011

DX Ranger Key Set 04 and S.H. Figuarts ShinkenBlue



Bought the DX Ranger Key Set 04 at S$30.00 from a fellow HWZ forum member who managed to import a couple of these from Japan, while all the major online stores ran out of stock.

Unlike other Ranger Key Sets, this one is a little exceptional. Just a few days before its release, Bandai Asia has informed that it will not be able to distribute them due to copyright issues. As you can see, the center character is Battle Japan from one of the very early Super Sentai series produced in collaboration with Marvel. Due to the inclusion of this Ranger Key, RKS 04 is only authorized for sale in Japan alone, making this set somewhat Japan-exclusive. Therefore, it becomes harder to get it as stocks are much more limited. So, I'm a little lucky in some way.

Plus, it also includes TyrannoRanger (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger) which is enough to drive the Americans crazy just because it's MMPR-related.



After receiving my S.H. Figuarts ShinkenGreen, I waited for La Tendo to notify me (through e-mail) to collect my ShinkenBlue which would be a little slow since they are dealing with mass shipments. Surprisingly, their service was better than I expected; they actually sent two SMSes (instead of e-mails) to inform me that the item I pre-ordered has arrived.

Here's the exact SMS:

"Hi, the SHF Samurai Sentai Shinkenger - Shinken Blue you pre-ordered is available for collection now. pls let us know if you are not able to collection within 2 wks, Thks La Tendo."

Just nice, I went to La Tendo straight after meeting up with the guy who sold me the RKS 04. Wow, it was chaos at La Tendo because it was the first time I see so many people and they were also collecting their toys, mainly anime figurines as far as I can see.

This one's slightly cheaper than ShinkenGreen at S$82.80 if it's any consolation at all.

No comments: