Friday, July 8, 2011

Received S.H. Figuarts ShinkenGreen Today!

So I was waiting for Yokatta Web to e-mail me towards the end of June because the exact release date for online exclusives are not announced formally. Everyone on the forum was like waiting for news to pop up as well. Hahah.

Got a reply on the 1st of July stating that the item has arrived and ready to dispatch. Subsequently, there were some exchange of e-mails over the few days about shipping address, quotes, methods and confirmation; Yokatta Web was quite prompt in their replies so it is a good thing.

At this point, I think it's pointless to try to save a few bucks (after spending so much already) by choosing the cheapest shipping method (SAL) which would take a month to reach Singapore, so I opted for EMS instead. Also, I wouldn't want to risk losing the item in the end.



I have never used EMS before because it was quite expensive most of the time, but I was quite delighted that it only took 3 days for the parcel to reach my doorstep! Everything was nicely packed so nothing was damaged.

All Bandai Tamashii Webshouten Exclusives comes with the additional cardboard casing to further protect the item; just feel that it's worth mentioning and which is why I took the photo together with it.

Although ShinkenGreen is my favorite character from the series, the S.H. Figuarts being a web-exclusive was simply too expensive for importers. For the price, it would be acceptable for native Japanese but not anyone else, especially in the long run when Bandai Japan decides to make this amount of characters exclusive...

Compared to ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold which came with more accessories and the Kuroko bonus figure, ShinkenGreen and ShinkenBlue are a little too overpriced in the first place but that's not up to us to decide sadly...

Anyway, here you are looking at a S$104.95 action figure! Please don't remind me why I never thought of La Tendo in the first place... I could have saved S$20.00...!


No comments: