Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hunt for the RPM Megazords (Part 6) + X'Mas Mega Haul

The hunt continues, and I'm back in Orchard Road again.

My first stop was Tangs, but I forgot it doesn't sell toys at all! Hahah. After that, I went to Kinokuniya to look at other stuff and stumbled upon the Super Sentai 35th Anniversary Official Visual Book which I ended up buying.



In the end, I also didn't get why I bought the book in the first place. Granted that it has some nice photos of the various teams but that's all. Quite useless if you compared it to the 30th Anniversary Encyclopedia. Probably not really worth S$30.20. Retail therapy perhaps after hunting for ValveMax Megazord for so long without any luck?

The price was not the worst thing because I only discovered that some pages inside were torn and damaged after I opened it at home. It was not visible on the outside because it was all wrapped up. ~!@#$%^&*

My next stop was the Takashimaya Christmas Toy Fair at B2 where Power Rangers Samurai toys were at 20% off. It's a good marketing move to promote sales rather than waiting for them to warm the shelves and only clear them when the show ends. Furthermore, kids get to play with the Megazords at the booth which in fact did helped the sales by quite a lot.



Then one kid was like screaming "OctoZord!" at my face. LoL~ You can imagine his excitement. Anyway, I bought the DX Samurai Megazord with a $20 voucher from my friend on top of the 20% discount. It was a good S$35.96; can't beat that price even with the clearance later on. Had to be a little smarter after the RPM disaster.

The third, fourth and fifth stops were Paragon Metro, Toys 'R' Us and Robinsons which yielded nothing. Not surprising at all. Really at this point, to find any RPM toys in Orchard Road seems like a bonus!

Since I'm already in the vicinity, it made sense to go over to OG to look at the DX GokaiGun. By then, all the GokaiSabers were gone and only 2 GokaiGuns left. This was quite an obvious sign that I should get it before it's sold out which I did. Again, the 20% store-wide discount came in very handy and I ended up paying S$57.55.



No doubt that the main purpose was for the DX GokaiBlue Ranger Key, the GokaiGun was a decent toy on its own. One shortcoming when compared to the GokaiSaber was the lack of the flashing LED lights for the "Final Wave" finisher attack. It's a pity that the design and build was unable to support this feature.

Having said, this marks the end of my hunting journey with an expenditure of S$123.71.

No comments: