Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stopping At Go-Busters...



Bandai has just announced the new exclusive pack for Kyoryu-Blue and Kyoryu-Green to be released in Feb 2014. Meanwhile, Kyoryu-Red will be a regular release (as with all Red Rangers) and dropping in Oct 2013.

At the same time, I took the opportunity to make a conscious decision not to pre-order the upcoming Kyoryuger S.H. Figuarts because I think this is a good time to demarcate my collection for now. Having said that, I will still continue to collect new releases from previous Super Sentai series.

While space constraint is one of the considerations, Kyoryuger has largely been disappointing and boring up to the current extent though I cannot say the same for the kids in Japan. I simply do not know what is the actual popularity domestically.

At least from my observation, I'm pretty sure that both the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider franchises are pretty much exhausted in various aspects. As such, the appeal of the characters were pretty close to zero at this point (for collectors at least). I will probably elaborate this in another post if I have time.

No comments: