Sunday, February 27, 2011

Forgot about La Tendo...

It's been a while since I visited CSC on a Sunday morning where the highlight is the flea market. Sometimes, it does pay to go early and one might spot/score some rare or good items missing in their collection.

I woke up early and made an early trip so that I can save the afternoon for school work. I reached around 11.15am and left at about 12 noon; nothing interesting. Decided to walk to Funan IT Mall since I randomly recalled the existence of La Tendo.

(For those unsure, La Tendo is also a specialty hobby shop which imports most of their stuff straight from Japan)

As mentioned by one fellow forum member, they already got the DX Gokai-Oh (S$132), DX Magi-Dragon (S$52) and the 5 Sentai Hero Figures (S$17 each), but they were too expensive for my budget. So, I will wait for Uncle Ng to bring in the Bandai Asia imports.

So I was randomly flipping through their pre-order catalogues, then I looked at the prices for the S.H. Figuarts ShinkenBlue and ShinkenGreen: S$92 for non-members, and S$82.80 for members with a S$40 deposit.

Instantly, I felt dumb with my decision of pre-ordering with an online middleman service. I already paid S$82.83 and that is excluding international shipping! Crap, I forgotten all about La Tendo and if I pre-ordered from them, it would be cheaper overall.

No comments: