Friday, October 14, 2011

S.H. Figuarts GokaiRed with GokaiDarin

Good Job, Bandai Asia!

You just showed us upfront that you wanted money so badly that you are willing to compromise on the quality control of your own products.



Went down to collect the S.H. Figuarts GokaiRed with GokaiDarin (First-Press Bonus) at La Tendo today because I read about the online comments on the poor quality control for the gold paint. Honestly, I never had such a hard time trying to find a decent piece from the stock pile... *All the more reason to collect early so that there are more choices.*

It is common knowledge that the Bandai Asia's quality control isn't as good as its Japanese counterpart, but this time round is simply outrageous. All the 7 Figuarts were either not properly painted or had paint spills (particularly the gold paint applications). From the looks of it, I don't think there's any QC this time at all. I suspect Bandai Asia is just trying to fulfill the massive orders due to the popularity of Gokaiger.

Back to the story... At first, I managed to find one that was barely acceptable but then realized the box condition was the worst. Therefore, I had to choose another one with moderately less paint damage and a decent box... It's not like I can go to other places to look for better ones since I pre-ordered it.

Oh well, this one's S$50.40 and luckily the GokaiDarin was fine. In case you are wondering, the Japanese ones are not affected.

*Update: 16 Oct 2011*

I take back my words. Apparently the stocks for S.H. Figuarts GokaiRed at CSC do not have any quality control issues (like La Tendo and Fujiya did) after walking around today, so the gold paint is all good to go! Now, I feel unlucky to pre-order at La Tendo, I hope the same problem will not happen again for GokaiBlue and GokaiGreen.

No comments: