Sunday, October 23, 2011

S.H. Figuarts ShinkenPink and ShinkenYellow

Collected both S.H. Figuarts ShinkenPink and ShinkenYellow from Fujiya at CSC this afternoon. Dvillangelo (the owner) was a pretty nice guy, he even made sure that the buyer is satisfied with the conditions of the toys before completing the transaction.



By the way, they were S$85.00 each, the cheapest pre-orders offered locally.

I think I should also take the chance to talk about Bandai Japan's quality control which became kinda problematic recently. It is an issue because we are talking about toys of collector's grade.

A couple of people reported that the leg joints of their ShinkenPink were too tight and they simply snapped while trying to pose the figures. Scary! I took out my ShinkenPink and tried rotating the leg joint as well. Turns out that it was indeed very tight so I put it back into the box fearing that I would break it too.

The case for ShinkenYellow was a bit rarer but it still didn't make up for the fact that Bandai Japan did screw up. One guy on RB ended up received a ShinkenYellow with two left arms, so it's pretty much the WTF feeling after spending so much on an action figure and chances of replacement seem pretty low.

Luckily, I didn't experience any problems with ShinkenYellow and I just have to be very careful with ShinkenPink so it should be fine. Please buck up, Bandai Japan!

No comments: