Sunday, September 25, 2011

DX FuuraiMaru + Candy Key Series 03

Specially made the trip down to CSC since the DX FuuraiMaru has been out for a while.



Today was slightly less crowded; the same goes for Ng's Collections. When I stepped in, it's just the Auntie and the Uncle was nowhere in sight. Nothing much after one round of browsing; the shocking thing was probably the S$50 price tag of the DX FuuraiMaru...

Frankly, I was kinda disgusted at the pricing because Fujiya was selling it at S$38 online and even La Tendo (which is sometimes known for ridiculous pricing) was selling for S$44. So, I inquired the price with the Auntie and she quoted me S$45, saying it's the "Uncle's price". I sort of hesitated after hearing the price, but at the same time, I don't wish to ruin the years of relationship with the Uncle over a few dollars... Am I being too money-conscious?

So, I hanged around for a little while longer to wait for the Uncle. Somehow when he showed up, my mind decided to get it even though it's S$45. I went up to the Uncle and he exclaimed, "You haven't got this meh?" and went on to joke that since I'm so late in getting it he would charge me higher! Surprisingly, the Uncle quoted me S$40.00 which instantly put the Auntie to shame. She immediately responded with a shout to the Uncle about quoting me S$45 earlier on and now he's giving me another S$5 "discount" on top of it. Oh my!

That makes it two unhappy incidents in a row!

I could understand the Auntie's perspective to make the profit margin, but at the same time, she might want to learn how to be more tactful in retaining customers because of the increase in competitors. Having said that, Uncle has been kind enough all these years and I will continue to support him within my means.



Bought the Candy Key Series 03 at Toy Realm (Candy Toy Shop at Level 1) for S$24.00. Reasonable enough within the market price and it's imported from Hong Kong because Yamakawa is slow as usual.

No comments: